- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the offering of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information is collected on our Website, and how it is shared or deleted.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
- Log Information: Like most Websites, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our site from certain geographic regions.
- Distinguish unique users;
- Analyze the success of e-mail marketing campaigns;
- Remember the number and time of previous visits;
- Remember traffic source information; and
- Determine the start and end of a session
- To further develop and improve our Website;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our content, which helps us improve our content;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Website, protect the security of our Website, fight spam, and to protect our rights and property;
- To provide services to you (via the Portal);
- To send marketing communications related to the services we provide; and
- To communicate with you from time to time in response to your requests for information or as may be relevant to your account with us.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you. Additionally, information collected and/or processed via the Portal is collected solely to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. If you give us credit card information, we use it solely to check your financial qualifications and collect payment from you. We use a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use information you provide except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf. Personal data that we collect and/or process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes, or as is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject. Where we process personal data about you in conjunction with the supply of our products or services (e.g. contact data for technical or billing purposes), we retain that personal data for as long as necessary to provide the products and fulfill the transactions our clients have requested, or for other purposes such as complying with our legal or regulatory requirements, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. The criteria used to determine the retention periods include whether your personal data is still needed to provide, maintain or improve the performance of our products and services, you requested that your personal data be deleted, we have determined a specific retention period for certain types of data, you have provided your consent (where applicable), and have not withdrawn your consent. Further, if you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our products or services. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created. We reserve the right to use or disclose your Personal Information if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with a law, court order, or legal process. Sharing Information We do not share or sell our visitors’ private personal information except as follows:
- when we believe disclosure is reasonably required to comply with any law, regulation, court order, subpoena or search warrant, or in the course of a legal proceeding or legal request;
- to enforce our legal and contractual rights;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of Telenet VoIP, our customers and others, including exchanging information for fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- to our vendors who help us provide any part of the site, to the limited extent required for such help, and on condition that they may not further disclose your data or use it for any other purpose; or
- as part of any sale of our assets or a merger of our company.
With respect to our vendors, their privacy policies may be viewed at: https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy and https://wpengine.com/legal/privacy/ Security Our Website is served over an encrypted connection, and our Website, Portal and e-mail servers are hosted in the United States. While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Website for potential vulnerabilities and attacks. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. Your Rights If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (which is sometimes referred to as the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit, or cease, our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
- November 18, 2019: Updated policy. Added specific information to help clarify our practices, and added information to reflect the requirements of the GDPR.